We have received the following message – I’m sure Rob wold love to hear from you woth any inspiraion-
I hope you dont mind me writing again but we are hoping to make some more pub digs this summer and I am once again on the hunt for pubs steeped in archaeology.
The last series has proved a big success (and is now on Channel 5 at 8.00pm, Tuesdays).
We have found that the films worked well when the pub and the archaeology could be linked to significant events or periods of British History.
The last series looked at Roman St Albans, The Tudor Dockyards and the Spanish Armada, The civil war in Banbury and Smuggling in Sussex.
We are now keen to look at pubs that could provide a window into the following:
1) Henry VIII and/or the Tudors and Dissolution of the Monasteries
2) The Vikings and the Saxons
3) The Industrial Revolution
4) The War of the Roses
5) The Norman Conquest
6) The Jacobites/Judge Jefferies
7) Scotland ie battles between the Scots and the English/ Hadrians or Antonine Wall/Clan Wars/Glencoe
8) Battles between the English and the Welsh/Offas Dyke
9) Anything else!
Apologies for casting such a wide net but if you know of any pubs or experts in the field that I should be contacting about any of the above or if you know of any other pub/story that we should look at then please get back to me.
Thanks so much